(“Why Michael Keaton Is Going to Be the Worst Batman Ever“)
By Ben Goldstein
Today marks the 25th anniversary of the World Wide Web’s creation — or at least the day when Tim Berners-Lee presented his idea for it. It’s hard to imagine now, but people in 1989 had no idea what a “cat GIF” was, and could only access pornography through magazines and videocassettes. So in honor of the World Wide Web’s 25th birthday, I came up with some 1989-era headlines, in the style of modern-day Internet clickbait. Enjoy, and tweet your own 1989 Internet headlines to @holytaco with the hashtag #1989headlines.
- 12 Insane Predictions for the ‘Quantam Leap‘ Season 1 Finale
- Tanks Roll Through Tiananmen Square — You Won’t Believe What This Brave Student Did Next
- Prince of Persia: Complete Apple II Walk-Through and Cheats
- ‘Sexy Canadian Football Fan‘ Video Was Actually a Viral Ad for Labatt’s Beer
- Meme of the Day: Photogenic Romanian Protester
- Oakland A’s vs. San Francisco Giants World Series Game 3 Live Results [UPDATE: HOLY CRAP DID YOU FEEL THAT?]
- 17 Reasons Why Jodie Foster Should Be My Best Friend
- Watch This Stand-Up Comic Stop Joking for a Minute, and You’ll Never Look at the World the Same
- Drew Barrymore and Corey Feldman Epically Photobombed by Lady Wearing Insane Butterfly Dress
- ‘Back to the Future 2′ Hoverboard Revealed to Be a Hoax [Ed. note: Why do we keep falling for that one?]
- ‘America’s Funniest Home Videos’, ’Cops’, ‘Baywatch’, and More Dumb New TV Shows That Will Probably Be Canceled Soon
- Seriously, Madonna Needs to Just Stop
- Oh, You Think You’re Better Than Me Because You Have a Mobile Phone? [GIFs]
- Ken Griffey Jr. Rookie Card: The 30 Greatest Photoshop Parodies
- Donald Trump: World’s Biggest Douchebag?
- Fall of the Berlin Wall: What Time Does It Start, And How Do I Watch It?