When I was younger, I loved horror movies a little too much. My eight-year-old self would lie in bed, tears streaming down my face, terrified that Jason Voorhees would break down my door and hack me up with a rusty machete. As I grew up my fears subsided (only slightly, I cry for different reasons now) but that may not stop the killing machine in a hockey mask from pulling off one more murder. According to the Daily Mail:
Like most children her age, Jennifer Lloyd loves watching her favourite programmes on TV.
But when a scary bit is about to happen the ten-year-old has to leave the room quickly – because the sudden shock could kill her.
Jennifer is one of just six known sufferers of polyglandular Addison’s disease, which causes her to become ill whenever she is surprised or shocked.
The condition means she is unable to produce adrenaline in response to alarm or any sudden form of emotional or physical stress.
Instead her body goes into shock and her organs could shut down unless she receives medical treatment.
I know only six people in the world have this condition, but now that I think about it, I’m pretty sure I suffer those same symptons every time That’s So Raven comes on.